Amateur Radio License Examinations

Talk Description: 

Why Should I Get Licensed?

Before you can get on the air, you need to be licensed and know the rules to operate legally. US licenses are good for 10 years before renewal and anyone may hold one except a representative of a foreign government.

First time testers should register with FCC for an FRN number.

All applicants (including minors) must bring two means of positive identification. Licensed applicants must bring the original, and one photocopy, of their license. You should also bring the original and a copy of any Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) needed to prove current status. A fee of $15 will be charged for all tests.


Since 1985, Amateur Radio License Examinations have been held monthly by Phil-Mont on the fourth non-holiday Thursday of every month. Exams are given at Community Ambulance Association, Ambler, 1414 E. Butler Pike in Ambler, PA. Doors will open at 7:00 pm and testing will begin at 7:15 pm; please arrive no later than 7:30 pm. BUT WE'RE BRINGING THIS SESSION TO YOU!